Have you ever thought this? Be honest, has the thought ever crossed your mind about just saying I have had enough? Folks, I am a counselor and a Pastor (although a little different than most), and I have those thoughts more and more. I get to a point where I just think the fight is not worth it and its time to just go back to the way I used to live; or even worse! I mean no one really cares anyway right??
Hebrews 6:10- God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
Then this morning God gives me this…..Every day I start my day off with Scripture from my Bible App on my phone and usually while the verses are always important, I don’t get an immediate impact from them (usually takes a while to bake so to speak). This one however, jumped right off the page at me like God somehow knew I would need it; imagine that…. The God of all Creation knew that at this exact point at this exact time I would need this verse. Meditate upon that for just a second….
So, back to my original point. No one really cares anyway? Again, how many of you have thought that. Well guess what, we are WRONG! There is Someone who cares, cares so much that not only did He send His only Son to pay a price that we should have paid, but He also speaks to us through His Word that was written over 2,000 years ago for a time such as this.
See, whether you want to admit it or not, you have an Enemy; he goes by many names but lets go with the official one, Lucifer. He HATES you, he wants you to give up! So much so that he does everything he can to convince you that the work you do for God is useless, that no one cares, and that YOU are worthless. He does all this ESPECIALLY for God’s children because he knows just how powerful we can be if all of our being is inline with God. With that said, I have a few bullet points….
1. If you feel this way, its ok! God understands and knows your heart. If you didn’t truly care you would be oblivious to it all.
2. While its ok to feel that way for now, its not ok to stay there. The longer you sit there and believe the lies of your Enemy, the harder it gets to get back up and the less effective you are for the Kingdom.
3. God will never forget what you have done; even the little stuff. Sometimes we get wrapped up in the numbers game; especially with the way social media is run. But God notices ALL and never forgets. Don’t ever think that it isn’t worth it, because even if no one else notices, God does.
4. Your reward is in Heaven. While you may not always see the fruits of your labor here, one day you will. Many false teachers speak of this prosperity gospel which goes against everything the Bible stands for. Yes, God may bless you with material things, but that is not the main priority. We do good here and get our ultimate reward in the life to come.
5. Just Love! The more love we exude, the more love will come back to us. So many times, including myself, we are so quick to point out everything that is wrong with someone else. We aren’t called to do that folks, we are called to love, that’s it! God will handle the rest.
So friends, you do matter and Someone does notice. I promise in the end it will all be worth it! I had my moment, its ok for you to have yours, now today is a new day and what does the Word say about the morning? I will let you answer in the comments below.
Please share this with someone today!