Today’s message will be quick but maybe not painless. There are a few “non-negotiables” when it comes to my faith in Jesus Christ that are not open for discussion. So much so that I am not even willing to have debate on these for if any of these are changed even in the slightest, the bedrock on which our faith is built no longer exists. Here they go.
- God is the Creator of all things that exist.
- God created the world in six actual days.
- God created the world without sin; WE (Adam and Eve) brought it upon ourselves.
- God still so loved His Creation that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty WE should have paid; He paid it by dying crucified to an actual Cross in Calvary.
- Jesus laid in the tomb for 3 days before He rose again.
- After His resurrection, He walked among His people for a time and then ascended to the right hand of the Father.
- One day, at a time only known by the Father, Jesus will come again to judge the Earth and restore things how they were intended to be.
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, written by man but inspired by God. (I am willing to discuss translation issues as the Bible we read today is not in the same format it originally was, however, it is still the Word of God and the only source of Truth for how God calls us to live as well as all other aspects of why we are here.)
- Marriage was designed to be between One Man and One Woman.
- There is a very real place that awaits God’s people after we die called Heaven. There is also a very real place that awaits those who reject Him called Hell. Both places are eternal and will not be changed.
Again, for me, these basics are not open for discussion. If after reading this you choose not to be a part of my ministry, that’s ok. I for one, however, am tired of seeing the Church community divided on basic Godly Principles so I am making a stand.
Hope you all continue to serve with me!