Today’s message will be quick but maybe not painless. There are a few “non-negotiables” when it comes to my faith in Jesus Christ that are not open for discussion. So much so that I am not even willing to have debate on these for if any of these are changed even in the slightest, the bedrock on which our faith is built no longer exists. Here they go.
- God is the Creator of all things that exist.
- God created the world in six actual days.
- God created the world without sin; WE (Adam and Eve) brought it upon ourselves.
- God still so loved His Creation that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty WE should have paid; He paid it by dying crucified to an actual Cross in Calvary.
- Jesus laid in the tomb for 3 days before He rose again.
- After His resurrection, He walked among His people for a time and then ascended to the right hand of the Father.
- One day, at a time only known by the Father, Jesus will come again to judge the Earth and restore things how they were intended to be.
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, written by man but inspired by God. (I am willing to discuss translation issues as the Bible we read today is not in the same format it originally was, however, it is still the Word of God and the only source of Truth for how God calls us to live as well as all other aspects of why we are here.)
- Marriage was designed to be between One Man and One Woman.
- There is a very real place that awaits God’s people after we die called Heaven. There is also a very real place that awaits those who reject Him called Hell. Both places are eternal and will not be changed.
Again, for me, these basics are not open for discussion. If after reading this you choose not to be a part of my ministry, that’s ok. I for one, however, am tired of seeing the Church community divided on basic Godly Principles so I am making a stand.
Hope you all continue to serve with me!
Proverbs 4:23 -“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.”
Protect what you expose your heart to for the Enemy can use it to deceive you my friends.
David’s Sunday Thoughts
1. I am grateful for all I have.
2. Jesus never ceases to amaze me with His Love.
3. Despite how bad the world has become, I still have hope.
4. Never comment back on negative comments.
5. Surround yourself with positive people.
Reblog if you can relate
Love and Blessings,
My mission here on social media is simple; to get the word out about the saving Grace and Love of Jesus Christ. Times may be tough but God’s promises never return void, Amen?
Reblog you want to join me in my calling. 😁🙏
Matthew 6:33 -“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “
What this morning do you truly seek first? Money? Power? Fame? Only One thing can give you what you truly need.
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I am going to be headed to the other side of the state today, so if you all could pray for traveling mercies for us I would be forever grateful!
This may sound a little hypocritical since I am actually using technology to write this but I truly believe that at least for a designated time period we need to PUT IT DOWN.
From the minute we wake up to the minute we go to bed we have our phones, our tablets, and various other pieces of technology in our hands scrolling aimlessly through our different social media platforms. I know, I’m one of them. At least until yesterday.
Friends, there is so much data out there that shows just how addicting and dangerous it is to spend too much time looking at our technology. For many of us like me that have a desk job its even worse because we stare at a computer screen all day. Not only that but the social media world has become a cesspool of trash and filth. Why would we allow all that into our brains all day?
I’m not saying at all that we should abandon it; especially for those of us that are believers in Christ, its one of the few mediums that we can still proclaim His truth at will. What I am saying is that we need to be more intentional with our time. For example, here is something I have started..
One hour before going to bed I put away my phone and tablet and don’t look at it again the rest of the night. It gives my body time to detox, if you will, from the day and have some me time. Then in the morning, I don’t pick it up again until after I have read my Bible and get ready for the day. I did this for the first time last night and I can already tell a difference.
Friends, just like money, technology is not evil in and of itself. it only becomes that way if we let it rule our lives. I have a booming online ministry and have met many great people by using this platform, however, just like anything else we need to not let it consume us. Go outside, read a book, take a hot bath, do something that will get you to refocus and have a great day. Makes sense?
Have a great Sunday everyone!!